Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Project Mom Week 3: Motto

Happy LATE Friday! :)

The past 2 weeks we have discussed what we like and don't like and how to adjust our attitude. This week, to tie it all together, I would like for each of you to come up with your own Mommy Motto. Pleas note that my motto is not always the same. Depending on what is going on with my life it is okay to change it. Sometimes I think that mottos are set in stone, but life changes and so must we!

Last week at the end of my post was a saying: Come what may and love it! This is my current motto. Right now there are a lot of changes happening in my life and I have really had to take this motto to heart. I often feel like I have things figured out and then everything changes. While this definitely keeps life interesting it causes me a lot of stress. In Josephy B. Wirthlin's last conference address he talked about how we have to make the best of life. He said that his mother told him, "Come what may and love it." I whole-heartedly believe this statement! That is why I have made it my personal mommy motto.

This week, as you create your own motto, keep in mind that it has to be something YOU believe in and are willing to live up to. It is too easy to just write something down on paper and never look at it again. I have this saying posted everywhere, I even made a magnet of it. I am constantly telling myself this and would not be surprised if it the first thing my almost one year old son says. :) I believe it, I feel it, but most importantly I live it!

The assignment for this week is to write your own mommy motto. It can be one word or it can be many. Just make sure you pick something you are convicted to.

If you are still in on this project and would like to receive the prize please leave a comment about your findings last week as well as your thoughts about your motto. Feel free to share your motto if you so wish!

Have a GREAT week!


2 comments:

  1. I was happy to realize the it was really hard to make a list of 'negotiable' thinks that I dislike- I guess I must be figuring out what I do and don't like and making my opinions known! This is a big step for me as I used to be such a people pleaser! I still am but I guess I am doing better at finding me more than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so a lot of my negotiable things that I dislike are really so easy to change. the nonnegotiable things seem to deal alot with duties that I hate do but I do because I love my family- change diapers, laundry, house work, waking up in the middle of the night or waking up early.

    ReplyDelete