Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Warm Wednesday

Good morning!

Today is Warm Wednesday so I am posting an amazing soup recipe I tried yesterday. I created this recipe and I call it Ham and Orzo Soup. Real original right? Well, the name may not be spectacular but the soup is.

Ham and Orzo Soup
1 cup fried/cooked ham
1 1/2- 2 cups orzo (depends on how thick you want it)
1 1/2 cups half and half
1 cup yellow zucchini
1 cup cheddar cheese
4 cups chicken broth
3 tbsp. almonds slivers
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. onion

Spray crock pot with cooking spray and put everything in but orzo. I cooked mine for a few hours on low then the last hour you add the orzo and cook on high. It was so delicious. The picture really doesn't do it justice.


Do you have any homemade soup recipes you just love? If so, please share! :)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment