Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday Tutorial: Christmas Wreath

I have a confession: I love wreaths! I probably have 3 or 4 at least for each season that I do wreaths. They are my favorite! I especially love Christmas wreaths, but I could do without the pricey price tag. This year I decided that I would make all of my wreaths to avoid breaking the bank, and I am actually very pleased with how they turned out. The one I am showing you today cost a little under $15. When I was shopping at a local craft fair one similarly decorated and the same size was about $40. I was very pleased mine didn't cost that much! :)

Here are the supplies you will need:



Wreath (mine was $3 on sale at Walmart)
Glue Gun
Assorted decorations (the ones I used are listed below):
3 poinsettia clips
1 Merry Christmas Decoration
4 sprigs of colored branches
1 pack of snow flake decorations
1 pack of stocking decorations

First I clipped each poinsettia onto the wreath. Once I had it positioned where I wanted it I glued around the clip to secure it.



Next I glued the Merry Christmas decorations together then attached them to the middle of the wreath as shown below.


I then to the colored branch decorations and played around with them to see where I wanted them positioned. I ended up putting one on each side of the flowers on top and bottom. I wove them into the wreath and then secured again with the glue gun.



Lastly I placed all the little ornaments on the wreath and once I had them placed where I wanted them I secured them down with the glue gun.


Align CenterThe finished product.

If you have any other cheap creative ideas for wreaths please leave a comment. I would love to feature your wreath on here also! :) Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute. I made a wreath for the first time this fall; now I need a Christmas one!

    ReplyDelete