Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Confession

So, I have a confession to make. I totally crashed and burned yesterday.

Yesterday my husband told me that we could have a date night and I was super excited. I decided to do a date night in, make him some of his favorite snacks give him a foot rub and go all out. I got everything planned and decorated only it, well it was a total flop. The kids didn't want to go down, he was super tired, and I just wanted to cry. I felt like the whole day was wasted. I went into blog oblivion and didn't want to post my failed project.

Today I sat stewing about a project I could do and I felt zero motivation. I felt like, after last night's failure, I was out of the ideas of love mood. I began to go to an ugly place and realized that the only thing I needed to change was my attitude, and a lightbulb went on. I had been showing friends, family, neighbors, strangers love but not myself. I had been trying so hard to take care of everyone else that I failed to acknowledge that I needed to be taken care of too. I know you are probably thinking 'well that's not a project,' but in all reality it is. It is probably the most important project we have and probably the one a lost of us don't pay much attention to.

Once I realized that I needed to show myself some love I felt a little better. I talked to a friend about this also and she pointed out that it is not at all selfish to take care of ourselves also. If we don't take care of us then it is a lot harder to be inspired to fulfill and meet others needs.

That being discovered I decided to start a journal and what I like to call Project Mom. I will be posting more details later and from now on will be posting once a week on showing ourselves love.

A big thank you to all my wonderful MOPS friends who cried with me and shared some wonderful moments today. Tomorrow I will be back with the regular post, but now I am off to enjoy a bubble bath and RELAX! May God bless each and everyone of you and may you be able to see those blessings in your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment