Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Project: Children

Today's project focuses on my children. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a mother. I love my children very much!

This past week I made a thankful poster listing why I loved Travis (shown below). Ethan, my oldest loved it and kept pointing to it and wanted me to read it to him. This sparked my creativity. I decided I would do a similar project for him and Joshua and post it in their playroom.


Here is what you will need:
Poster board (I believe mine is 11x13)
Markers
Your Child :)

First I traced each child's head and shoulder shape onto the poster board with a black marker. Then, I wrote: _________ is special because... and I listed the letters of their name. For each letter I put in a word. When I was finished I put 'Mom loves you' on the poster somewhere. I then hung them in the playroom. Ethan loves it and points to it and make me read it over and over.


I always feel the need to do big extravagant things to show my love and concern for others, but today my two year old helped me realize that the small things are of great worth too. Sometimes I think I focus so much on the big that I forget to do the little things to show my kids I love them. Thank you Ethan for today's 'life' lesson. I love my boys so much! Have a great day and PLEASE take time to enjoy the little things!

P.S. Leave me some love (aka comments). I would like to know what you think of my projects or if you have tried them out. Also, are there any specific things you would like to learn or see? I would love your input! Thx!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely doing this one for my boys. They would love this! And you know I was thinking the other day about all the stuff I remember that was special to me when I was a kid. None of it was an extravagant present or anything big. It was all little things when someone showed me that they cared about me.

    ReplyDelete