Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Manic Mondays

Good morning! :)

This week I am going to redo the blog and come up with a 'schedule'.

Mondays are usually pretty crazy so they will now be Manic Mondays. I think that this is a perfect day to reassess my past week and a great time to set goals for the coming week. Currently I am running my Project Mom on Fridays, but once that is complete I will be dedicating Mondays to 'mom' projects. For the next few weeks though I will be trading Monday and Fridays.

Tuesday is going to be Tutorial Tuesday. My hope is that every Tuesday I will have a simple tutorial for you. My goal is to keep my tutorials simple and easy. I want to do fun projects that don't require a lot of time or a ton of money. This week I will be featuring my jean skirts! :)

Wednesdays will now be Warm Wednesdays. Once a week I like to make a bread or cookies for my family. I love warm baked goods and from now on will be posting a recipe on Wednesday. Most of the time my goal is to make really good food that doesn't require hours in the kitchen. Please feel free to share your own recipes on this day and also if there is something you would like to learn how to make or want a good recipe please let me know!

Thursdays will be my Wild card. I may post a tutorial, recipe, or post an open questions blog. Hopefully, when my blog is more read I will make this a link party. :)

Friday will now be Fabulous Friday. This day will be dedicated inspirational dating. ;) I am married so a lot of them will be geared towards couples, but if you are single you can always tweak them according to your situation. A lot of times Travis and I struggle to find something to do besides the usual going to a movie so this is definitely going to be a thinking-outside-the-box type of experience. Also, it is not always easy to find a babysitter so a lot of the date ideas will be centered around doing crazy fun things at home. Feel free to share your ideas on this day also and please post comments.

Ok, now that that is all laid out here is my creative date (or family activity) for this week:

Board game Olympics:

It is super cold and snowy today where I live so we are going to be hosting an indoor Olympics. You can choose whether or not to have your children participate since it is a Monday (FHE) or you can do it another day. We are going to make it family friendly tonight. :)

A strong athlete can not perform well on an empty stomach so I am making crock pot soup and some breadsticks so that we can 'warm-up' properly.

Next, I have compiled some fun games for us to play. In my list is Candyland, twister, Simon Says, and sock tag. Based on the age of your kids or what you and your husband like you can pick whatever games you like.

Then I created a station for each game. The winner of each station will get a prize (something simple like a piece of candy or something from the dollar store will work). I even have a stool set up for the winner to stand on for the 'award ceremony'.

Since everyone is a winner I have made little goodie bags with hot cocoa and a little treat.

I hope you will enjoy and have a fun evening. If you do this I would love to hear how your Olympics went. :)

Have a GREAT Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment