Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Project 7

Happy soon to be Monday!

Today's project is one of my favorite things to do during the Fall. I have to admit its a little bit of an obsession. :) I LOVE making soups! It is not a craft project, but it is fun to do nonetheless. This past week I had some amazing chili at a Relief Society so I decided I needed to make my own. I have a problem with super spicy food and my husband doesn't like spicy food so I decided to make a milder version. It turned out amazing and was just the right amount of spicy. Here's the recipe:

4 cups water
2 cups beef broth
1 cup bbq sauce
1 pound cooked hamburger
1 can chili beans drained
1 can pinto beans drained
1 can kidney beans drained
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn
2 tbsp. dried onion
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. chili powder

Add all of this to the crock pot, stir and turn on. In about 3 hours (cooked on high) we had some AMAZING chili. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment