Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Project 3: Fall pillows

This idea actually came from a few different ideas. Some of my favorite blogs such as I am Momma Hear Me Roar, and Tatertots and Jello have posted something similar. I thought this was an awesome idea but I had to modify it a little.

I had some really nice couch pillows, but thanks to my darling children the covers were getting a little too worn out. I didn't want to break the bank and spend $10 on each new pillow so I used some old sweaters to make pillow covers. I got mine at Salvation Army for $1 each, but you can use some of your own or whatever suits your fancy. :)

First I turned the sweaters inside out and cut them up the sides and right underneath where the arms attach. (Sorry no pic on this step, I am just learning.)

Next, I pinned my two pieces of fabric together inside out.

I sewed around 3 sides and part of the 4th as shown in the picture. Then, I stuffed my old pillow into the cover. Once I had it fluffed and positioned where I wanted I sewed the gap shut with a hand stitch.


This is the finished project. Super easy! Plus, when it gets ruined or when the seasons change I can easily cut my hand stitch and switch it out. I love projects that I can do in less than 30 minutes (especially since my 10 month old doesn't take long naps =) ).


No comments:

Post a Comment