Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Project: Love

A couple of days ago I was reflecting on some of the things I am most thankful for in my life. One of the first things that came to my mind was my awesome hubby. I love you Trav! That being said I decided to show that love and appreciation this week by tailoring my projects this week to the fact that I love my husband and boys. So, this week most of my projects will be things I am doing to show my family how special they really are to me!

Today's project is a simple but very fun one. There are many different versions, this one is mine. It is called a 'love' jar. Here is what you will need:

Any glass or plastic jar. (I used a Miracle Whip Jar)
Decorative paper to cover the jar
Cardstock for the lettering (I cheated and used my Cricut)
Glue or some sort of adhesive
Spare change

First I cut out the wording: Not you average change jar! with my Cricut.

Next, I glued the paper onto my jar and jar lid and then glued the lettering onto that paper.



Voila! It's done. Now comes the fun part. You can use this jar to show your loved one you love them in many ways. For ours, every time we get a kiss or a hug or whatever.... ;) we put change in the jar (.01= hug, .05= kiss, etc,etc.) . When the jar is full you can take it to a change counting machine and cash it in to pay for a date. Just think what you could do with all that change. For me and my hubby this is kind of a good way to measure and remind us to make sure we get those hugs and kisses in and it is also a reminder of the love we share!

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment