Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Project 4: Cinnamon Rolls

So, some people may think I am crazy, but I offered to make cinnamon rolls for a Relief Society Activity. The crazy part is I made 6 dozen! I know this is not really a 'craft', but it was definitely a project! :) Below is the recipe and the yummy results!

Cinnamon Rolls
Sherry Robertson (this is from our family cookbook)

Combine: 2 1/4 cups hot water
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 stick margarine

Add to above:
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup dry potato flakes (potato pearls also work but make sure your water is HOT!)

Add one at a time and mix:
4 cups flour
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. yeast



Mix for approximately 4 minutes with blender or mixer (I use my KitechenAid because this dough is VERY thick!) Add 3-4 more cups of flour, the dough will be a little sticky. Allow to rise 'til doubled, about one hour. Divide the dough in half. Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Spread with melted or softened margarine. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture (2Tbsp. cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar). Roll up, cut into 1 inch (or bigger) slices. Place on a cookie sheet. Allow it to raise for 1 hor. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes (since I live in Laramie <7220> it took almost 20 minutes). Yields 18-24 Large rolls



There is a different frosting recipe, but I am a sucker for cream cheese so I went with my favorite (a little bit adjusted) recipe.


Cream Cheese Frosting
1 stick margarine
1 80z. package cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla

Blend all ingredients together in a mixer.

So yummy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment