Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Project 5: Matchbox Countdown

Yesterday at our Relief Society Activity we made these. They are SUPER cute and fun to make. You could do this Countdown for Halloween or Thanksgiving also (or whatever you are counting down to).

The supplies you need are the following:




1 cookie sheet (I suggest you get one at the dollar store so you do not have to use one you cook with)
1 piece of ribbon
24 small match boxes
Christmas letters
numbers from 1-24
1 2x6 inch strip of Holiday appropriate paper
24 2x1 inch strips of Holiday papers
24 21/2 by 4 inch strips of paper bag strips
Magnet strip cut into 24 pieces (self-adhesive)
Crafters Glue (or Elmers)
Glass Bottle with lid (for matches so this MUST be glass)
Hot glue/glue gun OR
Metal punch

To assemble:

1. Empty all of the matches into a glass jar with a lid.

2. With your glue attach one paper bag strip to each match box as shown.




3. Peel off the back of each magnetic strip and attach one to each match box



4. Glue a 2x1 inch strip of paper to the front of each match box. (You can do different shapes, sizes, this was just the quickes/easiest.)



5. Glue each number to to a match box. Depending on the cookie sheet you can do them vertical or horizontal. I did both.

6. Next I glued my Christmas letters to the 2x6 inch strip of paper. Then adhere to the cookie sheet.



7. Now you will need to add the Ribbon to hang the cookie sheet by. You don't have to do this but I think it is nice to hang. You can do this by using a metal punch or using a hot glue gun. I personally would use the metal punch because I don't know how well the glue would hold up.

8. Lastly you can add the candy to the little match boxes. Just slide the box out and put in your favorite little hershey bars or tootsie rolls.

Enjoy! Have a GREAT weekend! I plan on heading out to enjoy a picnic in this nice fall weather! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks my dear! Now I have the instructions I need to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a cricut or a Big Shot, they both have match box dies. That would make that project go even faster. This is such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete